Elmbridge Lockdown Chronicles
Community Exhibition and Book Call Out for Content
in association with Elmbridge Museum, RC Sherriff Trust and Elmbridge Borough Council
PLEASE SEND US YOUR PHOTOS/VIDEOS/POEMS/MUSIC ETC
Since the covid-19 virus turned our lives inside out, communities all around Elmbridge have showed courage, love and compassion on a scale that none of us could have predicted.
We would like to make a lasting record of these stories by creating an Exhibition and a Book that will be on sale as a keepsake.
We invite you all to send us your stories, as photographs, artwork, video or words.
We need contributions in the following areas and any other that you can think of:
Ideas to get you going:
- The Rainbow Project is creating a Photographic collage of a rainbow made of colour photos. Children’s rainbow artwork from windows, adult rainbow art, street art etc.
- Films – we challenge you to make a short video film summing up your experience of Lock-down. These could be conceptual or literal, humorous, they could be your video diary of standing in a queue for Prescriptions, or visiting a loved one in a socially distant way.
- The NHS Clap – send in photos and video of the way your street/community has responded to the Thursday Claps.
- Elmbridge Heroes – tributes to people who have stepped up beyond the call of duty – e.g. Miss Polly’s in Molesey, Three Rivers Academy in Walton who have made PPE, teachers, carers, NHS workers, supermarket workers, pharmacists, bin men, etc etc…
- Memorials – tributes to people who have sadly died.
- Video of zoom events, quizzes etc.. life in lockdown
- Music – have you learnt an instrument, streamed or composed something?
- Shopping – beautiful bakes or strange recipes.
- Shortages – photos of empty shelves at the start of lockdown – lack of toilet rolls – empty shelves etc.
- Lock down games? Treasure hunts.
- VE Day celebrations
- Easter Day
- Birthdays in Lockdown
- Lock-Down Haircuts
- Sewing Scrubs, Laundry bags etc..
Note: if you have any objects (Scrubs, bags, masks etc, something that you have grown, or sculpted or made) that can be exhibited as well that would be great. Please email us details.
Please email us your contributions to firstname.lastname@example.org
By sending us your contributions you agree to them being reproduced as part of the exhibition, in the accompanying book and for publicity.